Buying with Kevin
General Buyer Timeline
- Figure out your budget.
- Find a lender that works with your particular situation and get pre-approved.
- Find the right agent that understands your needs and has experience in the area where you want to live.
- Start your home search.
- Make an offer and sign your contracts.
- Apply for a mortgage.
- Have inspections completed by trusted professionals.
- Contact a title company and purchase homeowner’s insurance.
- Complete the final walk-through.
Sign and close on your new home.
- This list might make it seem simple enough to buy a home, but the truth is that you need an experienced agent with you every step of the way.
When evaluating and interviewing potential real estate agents, you should be asking yourself if their services fit your needs. Your agent should be able to suggest communities and locations based on your interests and lifestyle. Just as important, your agent should be aware of your future goals and keep those in mind during the house search.
Making an offer sounds simple, but is really a delicate negotiation. Come in too low, and the seller will balk. Come in too high, and you are going to be spending too much money. You need an agent who can assist you in structuring a strong and effective offer that helps close the deal quickly. Your agent should be able to negotiate throughout the entire process, so you know that you get the best deal possible.
When you find the right agent, they are going to be with you not just for this home purchase, but for your future needs as well. That is why you owe it to yourself to do your research ahead of time. Be sure to find someone who understands you and your needs.